Woman hospitalised, dozens of snakes dead, in York house fire

29 Oct 2013 @ 9.28 pm
| News

Issued by North Yorkshire Fire & Rescue Service

October 29, 2013
Location: Boothwood Road, York
Time of call: 12.19pm

Four fire crews from Acomb, Huntington and York attended a house fire on Boothwood Road, York.

A female was rescued from the property via a first floor window, by firefighters using ladders. She has been taken to hospital suffering from smoke inhalation but her injuries are not thought to be life-threatening.

A search of the property was also undertaken by fire crews to check that no-one else was inside.

Unfortunately a large number of snakes (possibly 100) have been killed by the fire.

The fire was extinguished by crews wearing breathing apparatus, using hose reel jets. It caused heavy smoke damage to the whole property.

We have no cause for the fire at this time.

 


This content has not been created by YorkMix but by one of our trusted news sources. YorkMix is not responsible for the accuracy of the text.