Here’s what else is happening…
Panto: Peter Pan
York Barbican are whisking us off to Never Never Land this April with an Easter panto. Starring Tracey Beaker herself, Dani Harmer, as Wendy Darling and Lloyd Warbey as Peter Pan, the timeless tale has them flying in to battle pirates. Sun April 6, 3pm and 7pm.
Shopping: Colour Me Happy
It’s all about vibrant colours at the Designer Outlet this Saturday, April 5. Live pop up fashion shows take place throughout the day across the centre, so it might be a chance to brighten up your dreary winter wardrobe with a dash of spring brightness. From 10am.
- Colour yourself happy details
- More shopping at the Home And Lifestyle Fair on Sunday
- She loves York fashion show at Dean Court Hotel, Saturday, 12 – 3pm
Theatre: Twelfth Night
York’s gone Shakespeare mad with the man’s First Folio on show at the Yorkshire Museum so how about experiencing one of his most famous comedies with the York Shakespeare Project production of Twelfth Night? Runs until Saturday, April 12, 7.45pm and 2pm Sat matinees.
- Full details on the show
- The theatre to see in York this month: April 2014
- For more contemporary theatrical fare, try the Down By The River Variety Show at the Basement on Saturday
Family: Smiley Riley Fun Day
What do you need for a family fun day? Music, dancing, trampolines, an inflatable slide, sandwiches, cakes and drinks. This Fun Day Goes Vintage event for the Smiley Riley Fund has all that, a Fifties-style band – and zorb balls. Joseph Rowntree School, Saturday 11am-5pm.
- Full Smiley details
- Or head over to Rowntree Park for Spring Into Cycling with York Bike Belles, Saturday, 11am-3pm
- A Country Crafts Weekend marks the reopening of the Yorkshire Museum of Farming
- More family activities, and a free lunch, at the Eco-Active Day, Saturday, St Nicholas Fields
Art: York Open Studios
Doors are opening for the 13th York Open Studios, where for two consecutive weekends you can visit artists’ studios, workshops and other spaces. More than 70 artists will be showcasing their work within informal surroundings as part of the Yorkshire Festival 2014. Friday, April 4 to Sunday April 6, from 6pm Fri, 10am Sat and 11am Sun.
- More arty details
- More abut the Yorkshire Festival 2014
- See also the Aesthetica Art Prize Exhibition at St Mary’s
Music: Festival Of Passions
York Minster is filled with music to celebrate Easter. This 21st century setting of the Passion story for choir, soloists and instruments by Bob Chilcott was premiered last year. Guest soloists and York choral singers join the Chapter House Choir for the event on Saturday from 7.30pm.