York man rescued from flat fire caused by pan of eggs

  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Two fire crews went to the incident

Firefighters rescued a man from a flat fire in York last night.

The fire broke out in Walmgate at about 10.50pm on Wednesday (June 14). Firefighters from York and Acomb stations responded to the call.

They had to force their way into the second floor flat and brought a man inside to safety, who was checked by ambulance crews.

Firefighters put out the fire which, they reported, “was in the kitchen and involved a pan of eggs”.

 

Comment with Facebook