Elderly woman rescued from house fire in York
An elderly woman was rescued after a house fire in York.
Fire crews from York and Acomb went to the property in Bad Bargain Lane, Heworth at about 12.13pm on Saturday (June 17) after reports of a smoke alarm sounding.
Crews found a small fire in the kitchen that was quickly extinguished.
Firefighters led the elderly occupant to safety and gave her oxygen therapy until ambulance arrived to check her over.
The cause of the fire believed to be a chip pan left unattended.