Another person with coronavirus has died in the York NHS Trust.
They are the 21st person who tested positive for Covid-19 to die at the trust.
Between 5pm on 4 April and 5pm yesterday (Sunday, 5 April) 403 people died of Covid-19 in England. Nearly half (200) were over 80, with another 176 victims between 60 and 79.
In the North East and Yorkshire region as a whole, 67 people died.
Coronavirus cases rise
Four more people in York have tested positive for Covid-19, taking the city’s confirmed total to 75.
In North Yorkshire, confirmed coronavirus cases today (Monday, 6 April) have reached 269 – up from 243 yesterday.
Across the UK the number of daily confirmed cases has dropped, and the number of deaths – 469 – was the lowest 24-hour total for six days.
Here are some of the key figures (yesterday’s numbers in brackets):
- Total UK cases: 51,608 (47,806)
- Daily confirmed UK cases: 3,802 (5,914)
- Total UK deaths: 5,373 (4,934)
- Confirmed cases in York: 75 (71)
- Confirmed cases in North Yorkshire: 269 (243)
- Confirmed cases in East Yorkshire: 96 (88)