Man treated by paramedics after York fire

Library photograph: YorkMix
30 Jul 2018 @ 7.57 am
| News

A man needed medical treatment after fire broke out in his kitchen.

The incident happened on Dale Street, off Nunnery Lane.

North Yorkshire Fire & Rescue Service received a call at 12.03am this morning (Monday, July 30), and sent crews from York and Acomb.

The fire was out when they arrived. It was caused by cooking left unattended.

One man was treated at the scene by paramedics for smoke inhalation.

Fire crews carried out an inspection and ventilated the property.

It is the second fire in Dale Street this month. On July 3 a flat was devastated in a blaze and two people were arrested.