Man suffers burns in York house fire

Broadway, York. Photograph © Google Street View

One man was hurt in a house fire in York.

Firefighters from York and Acomb were called to a property on Broadway, Fulford, at 7.26pm last night (Sunday).

A Christmas tree in the kitchen diner had caught fire.


It destroyed the tree and caused severe damage to other furniture in the room, a door and a window.

Fire crews used a hosereel jet to put out the fire, and a fan to ventilate the property of smoke.

One man suffered superficial burns to his forehead and was taken to hospital by ambulance after receiving treatment from fire crews on the scene.

North Yorkshire Fire & Rescue Service say the cause of the fire “is believed to be a tree decoration with a naked flame”.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *