Here’s some good news we don’t get to report every day.
More than 500 people have now been discharged from York Teaching Hospital NHS Foundation Trust after successfully being treated for coronavirus.
They been allowed to go home from York or Scarborough hospitals to continue their recovery.
The news comes on a day when there were no new Covid-19 cases reported in York, and no further deaths in the trust.
In York cases remain at 462 – the level first reached last Thursday (4 June).
In North Yorkshire, one more case has been reported taking the total to 1,328.
There are 79 cases in Ryedale (no change), 136 in Selby (no change), 312 in Harrogate (no change) and 311 in Scarborough (up one).
With no new deaths, the total number of people who have lost their lives with coronavirus in York Teaching Hospital NHS Foundation Trust remains at 211.
That includes 131 at York Hospital, and 80 in Scarborough.
Here are some of the key figures (yesterday’s numbers in brackets):
- Total lab confirmed UK cases: 290,143 (289,140)
- Daily lab confirmed UK cases: 1,003 (1,387)
- Total number UK deaths: 41,128 (40,883)
- Daily UK deaths: 245 (286)
- Confirmed cases in York: 462 (462)
- Confirmed cases in North Yorkshire: 1,328 (1,327)
- Confirmed cases in East Yorkshire: 937 (934)