Six more cases of coronavirus have been confirmed in York, latest figures show.
That makes a total of 408 cases in the city, the stats from Public Health England reveal today (Tuesday, 12 May). So the infection rate in York is now 194.4 per 100,000 people.
In North Yorkshire, cases have risen by 11 to 1,191, a rate of 193.8 per 100K. That includes 72 cases in Ryedale (up two), 124 in Selby (no change), 265 in Harrogate (up one) and 283 in Scarborough (up five).
There have now been 180 Covid-19 related deaths in York Teaching Hospital NHS Foundation Trust. That’s a rise of 11 over the previous 24 hours.
Of these, 109 were in York Hospital (a rise of six), and 71 in Scarborough.
Here are some of the key figures (yesterday’s numbers in brackets):
- Total lab confirmed UK cases: 226,463 (223,060)
- Daily lab confirmed UK cases: 3,403 (3,877)
- Total number UK deaths: 32,692 (32,065)
- Daily UK deaths: 627 (210)
- Confirmed cases in York: 408 (402)
- Confirmed cases in North Yorkshire: 1,191 (1,180)
- Confirmed cases in East Yorkshire: 751 (749)