Our winning streak has just been broken.
The first new coronavirus case in York for 18 days was recorded today (Tuesday, 23 June).
It takes the total to 463 – an infection rate of 220.6 cases per 100,000 people.
Before today, the last new case in the city was revealed on Thursday, 4 June.
By contrast, North Yorkshire has no new cases – leaving the total at 1,350.
No further coronavirus-related deaths have been reported within York Teaching Hospital NHS Foundation Trust – leaving the total at 214.
That includes 134 in York Hospital and 80 in Scarborough.
Here are some of the key figures (yesterday’s numbers in brackets):
- Total lab confirmed UK cases: 306,210 (305,289)
- Daily lab confirmed UK cases: 874 (958)
- Total number UK deaths: 42,927 (42,647)
- Daily UK deaths: 171 (15)
- Confirmed cases in York: 463 (462)
- Confirmed cases in North Yorkshire: 1,350 (1,350)
- Confirmed cases in East Yorkshire: 963 (963)