The number of confirmed coronavirus in York has passed 200.
Today’s figures (Thursday, 23 April) from Public Health England show that there are 209 official cases in the city, up by 11 on yesterday.
In North Yorkshire, confirmed cases have reached 718 – a daily increase of 31.
There have been 91 reported Covid-19 related deaths across the York Teaching Hospital NHS Foundation Trust up to 5pm on 22 April.
That’s an increase of five fatalities. It includes 56 at York and 35 at Scarborough.
Here are some of the key figures (yesterday’s numbers in brackets):
- Total lab confirmed UK cases: 138,078 (133,495)
- Daily lab confirmed UK cases: 4,583 (4,451)
- Total UK deaths in hospital: 18,738 (18,100)
- Daily UK deaths: 616 (759)
- Confirmed cases in York: 209 (198)
- Confirmed cases in North Yorkshire: 718 (687)
- Confirmed cases in East Yorkshire: 412 (386)