Today’s figures give some cause for optimism.
There has been only one new case of coronavirus confirmed in York today (Thursday, 4 June), taking the total to 462. That gives an infection rate of 220.1 cases per 100,000 people.
In North Yorkshire there are a further two cases, giving a total of 1,313 – and an infection rate of 213.7 cases per 100K.
There have been no further coronavirus-related deaths in York Teaching Hospital NHS Foundation Trust – leaving the total at 210 for the fourth day running.
Here are some of the key figures (yesterday’s numbers in brackets):
- Total lab confirmed UK cases: 281,661 (279,856)
- Daily lab confirmed UK cases: 1,805 (1,871)
- Total number UK deaths: 39,904 (39,728)
- Daily UK deaths: 176 (359)
- Confirmed cases in York: 462 (461)
- Confirmed cases in North Yorkshire: 1,313 (1,311)
- Confirmed cases in East Yorkshire: 927 (916)