Four more cases of coronavirus have been confirmed in York.
Today’s bulletin from Public Health England revealed there are 434 cases in the city, giving an infection rate of 206.8 per 100,000 people.
In North Yorkshire there are 1,242 confirmed cases, up 11 on the day before, an infection rate of 202.1 per 100K.
That includes 76 cases in Ryedale (up one), 133 in Selby (up one), 277 in Harrogate (up one) and 299 in Scarborough (up four).
There have been two more Covid-19 deaths within York Teaching Hospital NHS Foundation Trust, taking the total to 189.
Here are some of the key figures (yesterday’s numbers in brackets):
- Total lab confirmed UK cases: 240,161 (236,711)
- Daily lab confirmed UK cases: 3,451 (3,560)
- Total number UK deaths: 34,466 (33,998)
- Daily UK deaths: 468 (384)
- Confirmed cases in York: 434 (430)
- Confirmed cases in North Yorkshire: 1,242 (1,231)
- Confirmed cases in East Yorkshire: 803 (786)