Today’s data (Saturday, 23 May) shows another rise in confirmed coronavirus cases in York.
The number has risen by two, taking the total to 449 – an infection rate of 213.9 cases per 100,000 people.
In North Yorkshire, the latest total from Public Health England is 1,271 – up by six – giving an infection rate of 206.8 per 100K.
That includes 78 cases in Ryedale (no change), 135 in Selby (up one), 282 in Harrogate (no change) and 306 in Scarborough (up two).
There have also been a further two deaths within the York Teaching Hospital NHS Foundation Trust. That takes the total to 198.
Here are some of the key figures (yesterday’s numbers in brackets):
- Total lab confirmed UK cases: 257,154 (254,195)
- Daily lab confirmed UK cases: 2,959 (3,287)
- Total number UK deaths: 36,675 (36,393)
- Daily UK deaths: 282 (351)
- Confirmed cases in York: 449 (447)
- Confirmed cases in North Yorkshire: 1,271 (1,265)
- Confirmed cases in East Yorkshire: 875 (870)