Later than normal, Public Health England has released its daily update on the number of confirmed coronavirus cases.
This shows that today (Tuesday, 28 April) 251 cases are confirmed in York, up from 242 the day before.
In North Yorkshire the figure as risen to 836 – a rise of 33 confirmed cases.
The number of Covid-19 related deaths within York Teaching Hospital NHS Foundation Trust has reached 107, as at 5pm yesterday (Sunday, 26 April). That’s an increase of three on the previous 24 hours.
No up-to-date figures are yet available breaking down this figure between York and Scarborough hospitals.
Here are some of the key figures (yesterday’s numbers in brackets):
- Total lab confirmed UK cases: 157,149 (152,840)
- Daily lab confirmed UK cases: 4,310 (4,463)
- Total UK deaths in hospital: 21,092 (20,732)
- Daily UK deaths: 360 (413)
- Confirmed cases in York: 251 (242)
- Confirmed cases in North Yorkshire: 836 (803)
- Confirmed cases in East Yorkshire: 501 (472)