More than 400 Covid-19 patients have been treated by York NHS Trust and discharged from hospital to continue their recovery.
That very good piece of news was shared by the trust today (Monday, 18 May). It covers patients at both York and Scarborough Hospitals.
There has been one further death at the trust confirmed in the 24 hours up till 5pm yesterday. That takes the total to 190.
Of these deaths, 113 have been in York Hospital, and 77 in Scarborough.
One further case of coronavirus has been confirmed in York, according to the latest figures from Public Health England. That takes the total to 439 – an infection rate of 209.2 per 100,000 people.
North Yorkshire has three more confirmed cases. It takes the total in the county to 1,248 – an infection rate of 203.1 per 100K.
That includes 77 cases in Ryedale (up one), 133 in Selby (no change), 279 in Harrogate (no change) and 301 in Scarborough (up one).
Here are some of the key figures (yesterday’s numbers in brackets):
- Total lab confirmed UK cases: 246,406 (243,303)
- Daily lab confirmed UK cases: 2,684 (3,142)
- Total number UK deaths: 34,796 (34,636)
- Daily UK deaths: 160 (170)
- Confirmed cases in York: 439 (438)
- Confirmed cases in North Yorkshire: 1,248 (1,245)
- Confirmed cases in East Yorkshire: 814 (814)