The last 24 hours have brought some welcome respite for York in the coronavirus emergency.
There were no new deaths of people being treated for Covid-19 in the York NHS Trust – and there are no new confirmed cases.
The latest NHS England bulletin of coronavirus-related deaths showed no further deaths in the York NHS Trust from 5pm on Sunday (5 April) to 5pm yesterday (Monday, 6 April).
But the overall number of deaths within the trust did rise as two more deaths were confirmed from the previous 24 hours.
That means there’s been a total of 24 deaths in the trust so far, 16 at York Hospital and eight in Scarborough.
The latest figures show the confirmed cases of coronavirus in York stands today at 75, the same as yesterday.
In North Yorkshire the number rose from 269 to 285.
Here are some of the key figures (yesterday’s numbers in brackets):
- Total UK cases: 55,242 (51,608)
- Daily confirmed UK cases: 3,634 (3,802)
- Total UK deaths: 6,159 (5,373)
- Confirmed cases in York: 75 (75)
- Confirmed cases in North Yorkshire: 285 (269)
- Confirmed cases in East Yorkshire: 97 (96)