It’s a double dose of good news in the update today (Friday, 17 July).
York has no new coronavirus confirmed, according to the latest Public Health England figures.
That leaves the total at 912, giving an infection rate of 434.5 cases per 100,000 people.
In North Yorkshire there was one new case, taking the total to 2,542 – an infection rate of 413.7 cases per 100K.
There are 135 cases in Ryedale (no change), 319 in Selby (up one), 709 in Harrogate (no change) and 561 in Scarborough (no change).
And there were no coronavirus-related deaths reported within York Teaching Hospital NHS Foundation Trust again today – leaving the total at 214.
The total includes 134 in York Hospital and 80 in Scarborough.
Here are the updated figures (yesterday’s numbers in brackets):
- Total lab confirmed UK cases: 293,239 (292,552)
- Daily lab confirmed UK cases: 687 (642)
- Total number UK deaths: 45,233 (45,119)
- Daily UK deaths: 114 (66)
- Confirmed cases in York: 912 (912)
- Confirmed cases in North Yorkshire: 2,542 (2,541)
- Confirmed cases in East Yorkshire: 1,645 (1,645)