Today’s data (Friday, 3 July) shows that there are three more confirmed coronavirus cases in York.
That takes the total to 898 – an infection rate of 427.8 per 100,000 people.
In North Yorkshire the total is now 2,509 – a rise of four cases – giving an infection rate of 408.3 per 100K.
There are 133 cases in Ryedale (up one), 311 in Selby (no change), 696 in Harrogate (up two) and 560 in Scarborough (no change).
The daily data now includes both Pillar 1 tests (Public Health England labs/hospitals) and Pillar 2 tests (wider community)
There have been no further Covid-19 related deaths reported within York Teaching Hospital NHS Foundation Trust today – leaving the total at 214.
This includes 134 in York Hospital and 80 in Scarborough. A coronavirus death within the trust was last reported on 20 June.
Here are the updated figures (yesterday’s numbers in brackets):
- Total lab confirmed UK cases: 284,276 (283,757)
- Daily lab confirmed UK cases: 544 (576)
- Total number UK deaths: 44,131 (43,995)
- Daily UK deaths: 137 (89)
- Confirmed cases in York: 898 (895)
- Confirmed cases in North Yorkshire: 2,509 (2,504)
- Confirmed cases in East Yorkshire: 1,633 (1,628)