According to City of York Council these are the roads affected:
- Clementhorpe has a flood defence closing the road just after the junction with River Street
- Peckitt Street is now a dead end due to the defences.
- The B1222 in Naburn is now closed with signage in place, due to floodwater. The no42 Arriva bus service will now be diverted.
- Skeldergate has been closed this afternoon (Sunday 16 February) for several hours while the EA deploys additional sandbags to the area. This will reopen as soon as possible
- Main Street in Nether Poppleton will close this afternoon (Sunday 16 February) due to river flooding. The no10 First bus service will be diverted.
- Millennium Bridge will be closed as water levels rise, and will be monitored closely
The council added:
Drivers, pedestrians and cyclists are asked not to enter or travel through flood water.
We have tankers on standby for any surface water flooding incidents that occur this evening. We cleared several fallen trees yesterday and pumped clear some surface water.