Firefighters prevent chip pan fire in York

6 Feb 2020 @ 8.51 am
|

Fire crews managed to avert a chip pan fire in York overnight.

Crews were called out to Bishopthorpe Road at 6.16pm on Wednesday (February 5) to help a man who’d locked himself out of the flat with the pan heating on the stove.

Firefighters got into the flat using a door enforcer and took the pan off the hob before fire broke out .

The fire service was called out to these other incidents:

7.19pm – Gale Lane: helped police and council officials get into a property so paramedics could treat a collapsed resident.

7.57pm – Hamilton Drive East: again, Acomb firefighters gained entrance to a property so an ambulance crew could treat someone inside.

9.56pm – Holgate Road: Fire crews from York, Acomb and Huntington responded to a report of a fire in the oven of a flat. The fire was out when they arrived and they ventilated the flat of smoke with a fan.