House Fire – Bouthwaite Drive, York

6 Jun 2013 @ 8.14 am
| News



Issued by North Yorkshire Fire & Rescue Service

Location: Buckden House, Bouthwaite Drive, York

Time of call: 1.17am, June 6

Fire crews from Acomb and York attended what initially was believed to be an domestic smoke alarm sounding. On arrival smoke was coming from property so fire service had to force entry.

The property was heavily smoke logged and male occupant was inside property and was unresponsive. Crews carried him outside when he started to improve and interact with the crews.

However on arrival of ambulance crews his condition deteriorated and he was taken to hospital for a check up. It is believed that his condition was not caused by the fire but by toxic substances.

Fire was caused by a pan left unattended and was out on arrival of fire service.


This content has not been created by YorkMix but by one of our trusted news sources. YorkMix is not responsible for the accuracy of the text.