Firefighters tackle blaze at York home

Library photograph: Richard McDougall
22 Sep 2020 @ 8.00 am
| News

Two fire crews were called out to a blaze in a home in York last night (Monday).

Acomb and York firefighters responded to a call to at 8.13pm to a living room fire on Lawrence Street.

The sofa was destroyed by the fire, and the whole property was smoke-logged.

Crews put out the flames and ventilated the home. No one was reported hurt.

The North Yorkshire Fire & Rescue Service said the cause of the fire was accidental.