A fire broke out in the living room in a home in York last night (Thursday).
Fire crews from Acomb were called out at 8.21pm to a property in Severus Avenue, where they found a sofa well alight.
Two firefighters wearing breathing apparatus extinguished the fire. They then and ventilated the property of smoke.
The occupants got out safely.
Tonight Acomb White Watch along with our on-call colleagues have attended a living room fire in the Acomb area. 4 breathing apparatus used All occupants safe and well. Shout out to our control colleagues #UnsungHeroes #SmokeAlarmsSaveLives #knowyourescaperoute @northyorksfire pic.twitter.com/84wjdsMWXW
— Acomb Fire Station (@FireAcomb) October 24, 2019