Faulty laptop sparks fire at York house

Cheviot Close in Huntington, York. Photograph © Google Street View
26 Oct 2017 @ 7.54 am
| News

York firefighters were called out to a fire cause by a laptop computer.

The alarm was raised at 8.09pm on Wednesday (October 25). Crews from Huntington and York fire stations were called to a house on Cheviot Close, Huntington.

The fire was confined to a laptop. The fire was out when the brigade arrival, as the occupiers were alerted to the fire by their smoke alarms.

They used a wet towel to extinguish the fire. The cause of the fire is believed to be a faulty laptop battery.

Also on Wednesday night, a crew from York were called to a small fire in the open off Dodsworth Avenue.

The fire was out when they arrived. The cause is believed to have been deliberate.