An indoor croquet lawn and a casino are two of the highlights of this year’s Lord Mayor’s Valentines Ball.
Tickets are now on sale for the event which takes place at the National Railway Museum next month.
- Sat Feb 16
- National Railway Museum
- £70 pp
- Book here
The ball, which takes place every year, raises much needed funds to support the Lord Mayor’s three chosen charities.
This year, Cllr Keith Orrell is raising funds for
- the York Blind Society – which supports people in York with a visual impairment
- The Island – which helps mentor vulnerable children
- and the York Music Hub – which provides inclusive opportunities for disadvantaged children to learn music.
It will be hosted by the Lord Mayor himself and Ben Fry of Minster FM’s Breakfast Show.
With just four weeks to go, the Lord Mayor Cllr Orrell said guests are guaranteed have an excellent night, enjoy lovely food and help raise money for these three deserving causes:
This year’s ball promises to be a real spectacle, filled with live entertainment.
There can be no better or more unique valentine’s gift for your loved one, than taking them out for an unforgettable evening, whilst supporting local charities!
Mrs Verna Campbell, the Sheriff of York, added: “The Station Hall will be a magnificent setting to spend an evening with colleagues and friends, or even your other half!
“We have so much for our guests to do to keep them entertained, from an indoor croquet lawn to a 9 piece band and even a casino!”
The ball will include:
- a raffle and auction, with amazing prizes including a lesson at The Grand’s new cookery school
- a private tour and dinner at RAF Linton on Ouse with the Station Commander
- an hour DJing on Minster FM
- a piece of York Minster Stone
- and the chance to own a framed and signed drawing of York Mansion House by renowned architectural illustrator, Allen Adams
Tickets are available here and cost £70 per person, which includes a drinks reception and a four-course meal.
Tables of ten can also be purchased.