Here’s a barking way to celebrate the first weekend of the festive month.
Get along to the Christmas Dog Show – part of the Festive Fifth Quarter weekend.
The Fifth Quarter is the commercial district bounded by Bootham and Gillygate. And this weekend includes is a festive trail, where you can search for pets and match them to business owners.
You can buy tickets for a raffle with prizes donated by Fifth Quarter traders, and carols too.
The dog show is at The Gillygate from 2pm on Sunday (December 2). Categories for the show are
- ‘Santa Claws’ (the most festive dog)
- ‘Best Six Legged Christmas sweater’ (dog and owner get judged here!)
- ‘Best Rescue’
- ‘Best Christmas Character’
- ‘Dog most like its owner’
- ‘The Tinseliest Waggliest Tail’
- ‘Most Dashing Prince Charming’
- ‘Most Beautiful Dame’
- ‘Best Mince Pie Catcher’
- ‘Best Junior handler’
Panto star Martin Barrass is the judge, and all proceeds go Keep Your Pet.
This charity provides short-term assistance for pet owners who are older or vulnerable at times of health or other emergencies in the York area.
There are no upcoming events at this time.