Hotel staff have a lot to put up with.
Anti-social working hours, spending all day on their feet and having to keep smiling come what may.
But perhaps the most challenging part of the job is dealing with the weird demands of those pesky guests.
Travelodge has now revealed the most bizarre requests that its customers have asked whilst staying in one of its hotels during the last 12 months.
And there are some doozies from the five Travelodge hotels in and near York.
Travelodge bizarre requests: York top 10
1. Can I have a duvet to ‘tuck my Ferrari in’ outside? It doesn’t like the cold (York Layerthorpe)
2. Can you wait in the online queue and get me VIP Spice Girl reunion tickets? (York Central)
3. Can you call the train station and ask them to hold the train? (York Micklegate)
4. Can I borrow your trousers for a job interview? (York Hull Road)
5. Will you help me into my wedding dress? (York Tadcaster)
6. Can you make sure it is a full moon tonight? (York Central)
7. Can our reindeer stay too? (York Layerthorpe)
8. Can you choose a birthday present for my wife today? I have a meeting (York Micklegate)
9. Can I buy a Travelodge dreamer bed? (York Hull Road)
10. Can you pretend to be my PA for the day? (York Tadcaster)
“However there are some requests that they cannot help with, such as: arranging dancing dolphins at Lands End, for it to snow and to ensure all traffic lights are green for a business executive so that he gets to his meeting on time.”