A teenager has been arrested in connection with three burglaries, including one in York.
The boy, aged 17, was arrested on Tuesday (4 August) and interviewed by police in connection with three offences.
The last of these took place on Danum Road in York, between 8pm on Monday (3 August) and 7am on Tuesday.
The victims came downstairs in the morning to find their home had been broken into and a number of items including a handbag, wallet, two purses and various bank cards had been stolen.
North Yorkshire Police have also interviewed the boy in connection with two other burglaries:
- Westbourne Avenue in Harrogate, 28 July: offenders gained access to the victim’s home before taking their car keys, a handbag and stealing a black Audi Q7 and a black Toyota Hilux from the driveway outside
- Park Avenue in Knaresborough, 3 August: offenders took the car keys before stealing a Fiat Doblo van parked outside.
Since these incidents, the Audi and the Fiat van have been recovered.
Can you help police?
The 17-year-old has been remanded in custody and is due to appear at court in relation to a separate matter.
A 19 year-old man was also arrested yesterday evening and interviewed in connection with the Knaresborough burglary and has been released on conditional bail.
Anyone with information, including any CCTV, dash-cam or doorbell-camera footage, that could assist the investigations is asked to please email Dominic.Holroyd@northyorkshire.pnn.police.uk or contact North Yorkshire Police on 101.
Please quote the relevant North Yorkshire Police reference number below when providing any information:
- 12200128831 – Westbourne Avenue, Harrogate burglary
- 12200132924 – Park Avenue, Knaresborough burglary
- 12200133548 – Danum Road, York burglary