Attempt to burn a wasps nest causes blaze in York garden

Askham Lane, York. Photograph © Google Street View
21 Jul 2020 @ 7.56 am
| News

An attempt at pest control caused near disaster at one York house.

Fire crews from Acomb and York were called out to an address off Askham Lane at 3.33pm yesterday (Monday) to a fire in the garden.

A hedge was completely destroyed and a nearby building suffered moderate fire damage.

Firefighters used two jets to put out the fire.

A North Yorkshire Fire & Rescue Service spokesperson said: “The cause is believed to be accidental due to attempts to burn a wasps nest.”

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *